Tiny House Photo is an LGBTQ+ Photographer documenting Weddings, Elopements and Engagements in Miami, Fort Lauderdale and beyond.
We all know someone who is completely obsessed with their animal. If you’re anything like me, your pet is your best friend. Many couples who have pets feel that their fur babies are part of the family so it feels natural that their pets be a part of the wedding celebration. Over the last few years more and more couples have been including their dogs and even cats in their wedding day celebrations.
Here are 6 fun ways to include your pet on your wedding day!
- Let them be a part of your wedding day! Even if it’s just for a 15 minute photo op, put your minions, I mean bridesmaids or groomsmen, to work! I’ve seen dogs in wedding ceremonies, show up to the reception or just join for a few minutes during the couples portraits.
If your animals are not trained or just insane, maybe opt for a different way to include them.
2. Create a decor theme that includes your pets. Cake toppers, invitations, table decor and even masks are trends I’ve seen on wedding days. This works perfectly for weddings at venues that aren’t pet friendly.
Cats are not a pet you typically see at a wedding, but this couple included their kitties on their wedding day in a creative way!
This bride purchased the puppies at Hobby Lobby and dressed them up in wedding attire. DIY cake topper FTW!
Custom Cake Toppers can be found on Etsy such as this one from Barbara’s Clay Magic
The ideas are endless. So many options to create meaningful and heartwarming elements for your wedding day which honor your fur babies.
3. For animal lovers that don’t have pets or have pets that can’t attend the wedding, you can always choose an amazing venue like an animal sanctuary or a venue shared with animals. From peacocks to feral cats and even the friendliest stray dogs, I’ve seen just about every kind of baby fur friend show up uninvited to a wedding.
Perfect venues for animal lovers in South Florida: Historic Walton House, Flamingo Gardens, and Redland Koi Gardens. These venues have animals galore. If you’re into birds, Thalatta Estate in Miami is located in a bird sanctuary and boasts some spectacular shows the birds put on during the ceremony!
You could also check with your local animal shelter or rescue groups to see if they are able to hold an adoption event at your wedding. Why not let your wedding guests fall in love with a rescue during your wedding reception? What an amazing love story that would be!
Personally, I’m OBSESSED with alpacas and llamas and I’m just over here waiting for someone to hire me for their alpaca themed wedding! Pretty please!
4. Include your pets in your engagement session. You can create a signing book with the engagement photos for all of your guests to see! Or decorate table tops with the photos. I love engagement sessions with the fur babies!
5. Commission your favorite local artist for a painting or drawing of your fur family! Show the artwork off in your wedding decor! This is a totally unique and fun way to honor your fur friends at your wedding! What a fun way to make your wedding theme come together AND include your best furry friends!
Custom Artwork Found on Etsy: Edwina McNamee
Custom Artwork Found on Etsy: Carmen CC Design
Custom Artwork Found on Etsy: deaandbean
6. If you absolutely have to have a wedding portrait with your pets, but there is no way they are coming to the wedding, you should definitely book a “Day After” Session with your wedding photographer. It doesn’t have to be the actual day after your wedding (because OUCH) but definitely get all dolled up again and have your portraits taken again but with the animals! How much fun?!?! This is the less stressful option to having them actually attend your wedding day!
There are so many unique and fun ways to involve your fur children on your wedding day. What will your love story look like?